Friday, August 19, 2011

Inspiration Friday, Claire McCardell

Why Hello! It seems that this past week I took an unexpected blog break! Things just got a little busy around here. I did some impromptu house/dog sitting, which was wonderful! I was in a dream house (original vintage bathroom included!) taking care of two adorable dogs and one lovely cat. The weather has been perfect, so I've been spending lots of my time outdoors and reading on porches. One of the books I read was
American Fashion, The Life & Times of Adrian, Mainbocher, McCardell, Norell and Trigere. Claire McCardell captured my heart with her gorgeous simplicity. Just what I've been wanting to wear lately.





All pictures captured by me from the book American Fashion

If I ever have a little girl I'm so dressing her like the little the cuties above!
Also, this past week I met a wonderful new friend. Pictures of our day together soon! xo

4 comments:

Maria Casteel said...

these are beautiful images. thank you for sharing!
i am so glad that you found a new friend. and the housesitting sounds so fun too. i love dogs.

faith said...

I am crazy about Claire McCardell. Her designs are just so wearable. She definitely has that kind of elegant simplicity which I strive for!
Also, your housesitting sounds utterly delightful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous images, the women look so sophisticated and elegant.x

Clara-J said...

wow, lovely images!


heiter--wolkig.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...